[R] R: estimating genotyping error rate

Thu Jan 17 19:21:54 CET 2019

I would say that you may well be asking the wrong question in the right mailing list. Your discipline-specific jargon is impeding communication... you need to know what specific steps you want to take using R. A good reason to start your line of questioning on the Bioconductor forum is that there may already be packages that wrap up your tasks at the high level where you are currently thinking... or not. Which is all another way to say essentially what Bert said... except that you may find yourself back here soon with a question about R rather than "SNP data" if they regard this as too easy to need a package.

One fairly reliable way to know that your question is ready for this list is that you can get the ball rolling with a reproducible example written in R [1][2][3].

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)