[R] Error with install.packages using R v 3.5.1 and 3.5.2

Wed Jan 16 20:04:54 CET 2019

I don't know specifically where that error comes from... but I can think of two possible directions to go:

1) If you have ever run R as Administrator then you may need to delete your personal library (‘~/My Documents/R/win-library/3.5’) and reload all packages NOT using Run As Administrator. Any files created by R using those security credentials may impede the function of R when run without those credentials.

2) There have previously been reports that this error arises from the installed.packages function that is invoked by install.packages. This could be related to (1) above or be unrelated. You might confirm on this discussion thread whether this function runs okay for you.

For future reference, use CRAN packages for examples on this mailing list to clarify that the problem is relevant here.