[R] Mailinglist

Rachel Thompson r@chel@thomp@on @ending from @tudent@uv@@nl
Tue Jan 8 16:24:10 CET 2019

Hi

Thank you for your help and suggestions!
I have tried a few things and ask help from lots of people online!

My problem is that I am not able to share the database! I tried to recreate
one but I wasn't successful.
So I found a way to analyze each subject individually, but I do not know
how to perform the same steps for all of the subjects at once.
But I just wanted to share what I did, since you tried to help me!

This is what I did.

I stored all the column names in a vector named "Names"

names=c("participants","id","participantid","key","probetype","time","timespecific","value","valuespecified","valuedetailed","period","periodspecified")

colnames(gmoji_passivedata)=names

I used this code to find the number of participants in the dataset

length(unique(gmoji_passivedata$participants))

The number of participants is 44

I used this code to find the unique ID for every participant

library(plyr)

> count(gmoji_passivedata,”participants")

From the dataset, I selected one participant ""U_..."

I used subset data

participant1=subset(gmoji_passivedata,participants=="U_0139cf62_e615_41f7_a4cc_878c0490c510")

With the table code

table(p1$probetype) I found the counts of all the different values of the
probe type column

edu.mit.media.funf.probe.builtin.ActivityProbe

                                                                      16167

edu.mit.media.funf.probe.builtin.BluetoothProbe

                                                                      405

  edu.mit.media.funf.probe.builtin.CallLogProbe

                                                                      1427

   edu.mit.media.funf.probe.builtin.ScreenProbe

                                                                      1791

     edu.mit.media.funf.probe.builtin.WifiProbe

                                                                       5386

The count for the call log probe for the selected participant is 1427

There was only one participant with sms probe for the rest of the
participant the count of sms probe is 0

For the screen probe and activity probe I found the total count (1791 and
16167)

For screen probe, I used a subset code and set the value detailed column to
false and true

screenon_false=subset(p1,valuedetailed=="False") (this participant 875)

screenon_true=subset(p1,valuedetailed=="True")   (this participant 916)

and for activity probe to none, low and high to find the required values

activity_none=subset(p1,valuedetailed=="none")   (this participant 12900)

activity_low=subset(p1,valuedetailed=="low")     (this participant 1050)

activity_high=subset(p1,valuedetailed=="high")   (this participant 2217)

I did this for each participant

Best,

Rachel