[R] Mailinglist

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @ending from @ppl-eco@y@@com
Sun Jan 6 20:22:22 CET 2019

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019, Rachel Thompson wrote:

> I need a code that helps me count the phone activity level(high/low/none),
> the screen activity (on/off) and the amount calls and SMS of each subject.
>
> 1. I want to have a summary of how many times a specific subject got called
> (CallLogProbe)
> 2. I want to have a summary of how many times a specific subject got a text
> message (SMS probe)
> 3. I want to have a summary of how many times a specific subject
> - Turned their screen on - True  (ScreenProbe)
> - Or did not turn their screen on - False (ScreenProbe)
> 4.  I want to have a summary of the activity level of a specific subject
> - Activity level - none (ActivityProbe)
> - Activity level- low     (ActivityProbe)
> - Activity level - High  (ActivityProbe)
>
> I want to do this for all the 36 subjects(Participants).
> In the end, I have to define the percentages and cutoff points of what is
> considered low-medium-high, based on what the results of all the subjects
> are. So I am able to see if a specific subject has low social interaction
> etc.

Rachel,

   Those more experienced with R than am I will probably offer their
thoughts, too.

   It looks to me that you want counts of various parameters for each
participant, and perhaps groups of participants. When I read this I see SQL
SELECT count() statements on database tables, not descriptive or explanatory
statistical results.

   Not knowing your computer's OS or whether there is a relational database
magagement system installed I can't offer specific suggestions. A database
would provide counts of each *Probe as well as combinations. If you want to
go that route contact me off the mail list and I'll suggest mail lists for
help if you use Microsoft products as I know only PostgreSQL and SQLite.

Regards,

Rich