[R] Mailinglist

Jim Lemon drjimlemon @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Jan 6 03:03:36 CET 2019

Hi Rachel,
I'll take a guess and assume that you are monitoring the mobile phones
of 36 people, adding an observation every time some specified change
of state is sensed on each device. I'll also assume that you are only
recording four types of measurement. It seems that you want to
aggregate these events for each subject over the interval or
observation (or over each day or something). I think you are going to
create a new data frame of these summaries from the one you have of
individual observations. Creating each summary doesn't look too hard,
but you will have to define more precisely what you want those
summaries to be. For instance, "I want the mean activity level for
each subject during the overall time that their mobile phone is
switched on", One you have clearly defined your goals, it probably
won't be too hard to get to them.

Jim