[R] Revolutions blog: December 2018 roundup

David Smith (CDA) D@vid@M@Smith @ending from micro@oft@com
Fri Jan 4 18:21:44 CET 2019

Happy New Year! For more than 10 years, Microsoft staff and guests have written
about R at the Revolutions blog (http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com) and every
month I post a summary of articles from the previous month of particular
interest to readers of r-help.

In case you missed them, here are some articles related to R from the
month of December:

R 3.5.2 is now available:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/r-352-announcement.html

Roundup of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science news from December 2018:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/airoundup-december-2018.html

AzureStor, a new R package to interface with Azure Storage:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/azurestor.html

How to use the "plumber" package to create an R service as a container with the
AzureContainers package:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/azurecontainers.html

How to give money to the R Foundation in support of the R project:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/support-your-tools.html

The Revolutions blog is 10 years old, and I reflect on some milestones in a talk
given at SatRDays DC:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/ten-years-of-revolutions.html

Reshama Shaikh compares gender diversity within the R and Python communities:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/women-and-r.html

AzureVM, a new package for managing virtual machines in Azure from R:
https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/azurevm.html

And some general interest stories (not necessarily related to R):

* Santa Claus and compliance with GDPR:
  https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/because-its-friday-santa-claus-gdpr.html

* A parody on the use of CGI in film:
  https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/because-its-friday-cgi-you-never-knew-was-cgi.html

* The story behind Fleetwood Mac's 'Go Your Own Way':
  https://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2018/12/because-its-saturday-go-your-own-way.html

As always, thanks for the comments and please keep sending suggestions to me at
davidsmi using microsoft.com or via Twitter (I'm @revodavid).

Cheers,
# David

--
David M Smith <davidsmi using microsoft.com>
Cloud Advocate, Microsoft Cloud & AI Developer Relations