[R] Which dependency list to build first?

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Feb 27 21:51:30 CET 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, William Dunlap wrote:

> The package will not load. The only reason to do test load is to examine
> why the package's .so file cannot be loaded. We know there is at least one
> function or data symbol that it cannot find, __atomic_fetch_add_8, which
> may be from boost::atomic. The ldd command may give some hints about
> missing libraries.

Bill,

Yes, it does. libR.so is not found:
# ldd later.so
 	linux-gate.so.1 (0xb76df000)
 	libR.so => not found

However, R runs and libR.so is found here:
/usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so
and was last accessed
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3331940 Dec 23 10:00 /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so*

Should I rebuild and reinstall R-3.5.2?

Thanks again,

Rich