[R] differences between meat and metafor packages

Wed Feb 27 12:42:24 CET 2019

Hi Greg,

Please cc the mailing list when responding.

No, this is not correct. The argument 'vi' is for the *variances*, not the standard errors. So, either use:

res <- rma(HR, sei=SE, data=a, method="REML", slab=paste(a$study), digits=3)

or

res <- rma(HR, vi=SE^2, data=a, method="REML", slab=paste(a$study), digits=3)

Best,
Wolfgang

-----Original Message-----
From: greg holly [mailto:mak.hholly using gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 25 February, 2019 21:20
To: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP)
Subject: Re: [R] differences between meat and metafor packages

Hi Wolfgang;

Thanks so much for this. It is much appreciated. Essentially, I run the following with metafor. Is not this correct? Still, should I specify sei in program?

Regards,
Greg.
### Spesify log hazard ratios and sampling variances
a$yi <- a$HR
a$vi <- a$SE
### meta-analysis based on all trials
res <- rma(yi, vi, data=a, method="REML", slab=paste(a$study), digits=3)