[R] Which dependency list to build first?

Tue Feb 26 11:20:16 CET 2019

    > I apologize for the ambiguous subject; I could not think of a more accurate
    > one.

    > Updating packages reported that 'later' did not build, but I did not see
    > which dependency needs updating. Looking at the CRAN page for this package I
    > see potentials and would like advice on which are the ones needing explicit
    > updating:

    > LinkingTo: 	Rcpp, BH
    > Suggests: 	knitr, rmarkdown, testthat
    > Reverse imports: 	eplusr, fiery, httpuv, pool, promises, shiny
    > Reverse linking to: 	httpuv, promises
    > Reverse suggests: 	blogdown, servr

I'm not the expert on these problems, but as nobody else has
replied:

My experience is that both Rcpp and BH need  "often" to be
re-installed if your system updates in some way.
IIUC, 'LinkingTo:'  is actually a misnomer (as e.g. the Rcpp maintainer
      		     has known and told us about often enough),
here, because it's more a "including C++ header templates from"

So, I'd re-install first  Rcpp, then BH,  and then "your"
package.

Please let us (= the audience) know if that helped.

Best,
Martin