[R] data.table: reference column in "i"-part by column name in string object

Thu Feb 21 20:43:57 CET 2019

Hello,

I don't understand the question.
Like this?

xx <- "B"
yy <- "D"
a[xx, on = v]
a[c(xx, yy), on = v]

Note that .(xx, yy) doesn't work. It outputs something else.

Could you give an example of more complicated expressions you have
doubts with?

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas