[R] Save creates huge files, dump doesn't

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Tue Feb 19 21:30:01 CET 2019

One reason save() makes bigger files than dump() is that save() saves
environments associated with functions that are saved and those
environments may contain large datasets that are not really needed.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com