[R] Siegel nonparametric regression / mblm package

Roger Koenker rkoenker @end|ng |rom ||||no|@@edu
Mon Feb 11 12:54:16 CET 2019

My first thought was also that this was an artifact of the ties, but dithering the data
n <- length(child)
child <- child + runif(n,-.5,.5)
parent <- parent + runif(n,-.5,.5)

and rerunning yields the same discrepancy between the Siegel and other fits. Curiously, both
lmsreg and ltsreg from MASS produce lines that are more steeply sloped than those
of the other methods.  Since I stupidly forgot to set.seed(), YMMV.