[R] Converting Decimal numbers into Binary

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 27 22:27:28 CET 2019

The specific problem you are trying to solve is so constrained that
you do not need a
general purpose method.
You start with a string that contains characters drawn from a *subset*
of ASCII with
at most 64 elements.  Accordingly, all you need is a table mapping characters to
6-character strings.
table <- c("8" = "001000", w = "111111", ...)
Then you just split your 28-character string into a character vector,
index the table with that vector, and paste the results together.

(By the way, at no point in the process do you have the least interest
in converting
anything to decimal.)