[R] Errors in R package installation

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Thu Dec 12 20:05:26 CET 2019

Directory and file names with embedded blanks frequently don't work on
WIndows.  Use the 8.3 version of the name.
Since you were able to get the package onto your machine, you can
install it from there.

The downloaded source packages are in
        ‘C:\Users\David
Stevens\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpk5NqrI\downloaded_packages’

In the windows shell

cd c:\Users
dir /x David*

It will tell you something like
DavidS~1

Then in R you can write

install.packages("c:/Users/DavidS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpk5NqrI/downloaded_packages/callr_3.4-0.tar.gz")

Make sure you use the correct full name of the downloaded source package.

Rich