[R] Where is the SD in output of glm with Gaussian distribution

Marc Girondot m@rc_grt @end|ng |rom y@hoo@|r
Mon Dec 9 17:25:40 CET 2019

Le 09/12/2019 à 16:45, Bert Gunter a écrit :
> In addition, as John's included output shows, only 1 parameter, the
> intercept, is fit. As he also said, the sd is estimated from the
> residual deviance -- it is not a model parameter.
>
> Suggest you spend some time with a glm tutorial/text.

I tried ! But I miss this point. I understand now this point. Thanks a
lot... big progress for me.

But still I don't understand why AIC calculation uses 2 parameters if
the SD is estimated from the residual deviance.

 > y=rnorm(100)
 > gnul <- glm(y ~ 1)
 > logLik(gnul)
'log Lik.' -136.4343 (df=2)
 > AIC(gnul)
[1] 276.8687
 > -2*logLik(gnul)+2*2
'log Lik.' 276.8687 (df=2)

This is not intuitive when to count SD as a parameter (in AIC) or not in
df.resuidual !