[R] R commander (Rcmdr) won't start [SOLVED]

Fri Dec 6 20:02:29 CET 2019

Experienced R users avoid creating .Rdata files (with nothing in front of the period) because R will automatically load them and any mistakes recorded there can interfere with future uses of R when started from the directory containing that file. RData files with something in front of the period can be loaded interactively and any problems they bring can be avoided by simply not choosing to load them.

.Rhistory files have no such negative effect... it is highly unlikely that that file was causing you any problems. They are just a record of R commands that have been used and are only retrieved by R user interfaces such as Rgui or RStudio upon request.