[R] Creating data using multiple for loops

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 19 23:09:59 CEST 2019

Hi Greg,
I replied because I thought the name of the "expand.grid" function can
be puzzling. While "expand.grid" is a very elegant and useful
function, it is much easier to see what is happening with explicit
loops rather than loops buried deep inside "expand.grid". Also note
Bill's comment about producing repeats by converting numeric values to
character without the leading zeros. You can also use "formatC" to
deal with that problem.

Jim