[R] Loading large tar.gz XenaHub Data into R

Fri Aug 2 00:37:17 CEST 2019

These are gzipped files, I assume. So see ?gzfile and associated info
for how to open a gzip connection and read from it. You may also
prefer to search (e.g. at rseek.org) on "read a gzipped file" or
similar for possible alternatives.

Of course, if they're not gzipped files, then ignore the above. If
they are, your current approach is hopeless.

Cheers,
Bert