[R] Message produced under R 3.6.0.

Tue Apr 30 03:31:04 CEST 2019

On 29/04/2019 9:25 p.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 29/04/2019 8:43 p.m., Rolf Turner wrote:
>>
>> On 30/04/19 12:19 PM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>>
>>> Since you now have this indirect dependency, you should make sure you
>>> have updated this gaggle of packages. I have found that the
>>> dependencies do not necessarily update when I update the package that
>>> relies on them. It can take a few passes  of reading error/warming
>>> messages to get them all updated. I suspect you have old versions of
>>> packages that now delegate certain functions to lower-level packages,
>>> and these errors should go away when you have them all current.
>>
>> Nope.  Doesn't work.  I reinstalled brms and the messages still appeared
>> when I loaded brms.
>
> Those messages probably aren't due to brms directly: for example, the
> first set
>
>   > Registered S3 methods overwritten by 'ggplot2':
>   >   method         from
>   >   [.quosures     rlang
>   >   c.quosures     rlang
>   >   print.quosures rlang
>
> is due to issues with ggplot2 or rlang.  Have you tried updating both of
> those?

To answer my own question:  this one still appears after updating those
two, but it appears to be a bug in ggplot2, because that package
replaces those functions in a file compat-quosures.R with comment

# TODO: Remove once rlang 0.2.0.9001 or later is on CRAN

and the rlang version on CRAN is now 0.3.4.

Duncan Murdoch