[R] Greek characters in R studio

Barry Rowlingson b@row||ng@on @end|ng |rom |@nc@@ter@@c@uk
Wed Apr 10 13:35:58 CEST 2019

What have you tried? read.table works perfectly for me with no language or
encoding arguments. Here's a text file at the Linux command line:

$ cat greek.csv
α, β
1,2
3,4

I just have to tell it to use comma separators and there is a header line.
Here's R:

> read.table("./greek.csv",sep=",",head=TRUE)
  α β
1 1 2
2 3 4

and I can get the columns in the usual way:

> d[["α"]]
[1] 1 3
> d$α
[1] 1 3

But maybe this doesn't work for you. Did you try anything? What happened?