[R] Data.frame of Different Length

Mon Sep 17 10:07:46 CEST 2018

There are many ways to combine data frames, but the method you have chosen is extremely rare because you do not appear to be creating sensible relationships in the rows of the data frame, so your final result seems unlikely to be understandable by normal interpretation of tabular data. See ?merge for more normal ways to combine data frames.

However, with respect to your questions:

1) The usual way to remove a column is to use negative integer indexing:

2) To add more columns, just do it again with the answer you have. I do think you are taking an over-complicated approach:

n <- max( nrow(d1), nrow(d2), nrow(d3))
ix <- seq.int( n )
a <- data.frame( d1_date=d1$date[ix], d2_date=d2$date[ix], d3_date=d3$date[ix] )