[R] Save printed/plotted output to different directory

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Thu Sep 13 03:33:15 CEST 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, Jim Lemon wrote:

> Sometimes an empty image is due to not closing the image file. If you
> forgot to put:
>
> dev.off()
>
> after the plotting commands, or there was an error in the plotting
> commands, the file may be left open. Try manually entering "dev.off()"
> after you have run the code. If you don't get an error:

Jim,

   I thought of this and entered dev.off() a couple of times, to no avail.
Then I quit R and restarted it. That cleared the problem.

   A typo slipped in the script elsewhere when I modified the path for the
output PDF file. That probably jammed the device. Fixing the typo did not
address the constipation it caused, but killing the process and starting it
again did the job.

   Thanks for the information!

Best regards,

Rich