[R] Undesired tick marks on top, right axes

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Sep 12 02:39:13 CEST 2018

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> As I thought, you did not do what I told you to.
> Look *carefully* at the two to see your error.

Bert,

   You're correct, of course. After moving the tck parameter in front of the
x list the right-side ticks are gone. Unfortunately, so are the data: the
panel is empty.

   Corrected command:

rain.all.sum <- xyplot(Sum ~ Month, data=agg.all, col = 'black', type = 'p, h',
                        main = 'Monthly Total Precipitation\n2005-2018',
                        xlab = 'Year and Month', ylab = 'Precipitation (in)',
                        scales = list(tck = c(1,0), x = list(at = seq(1,162,by=6),
                                               cex = 0.7, rot = 90)))

   Tomorrow I'll work on why the panel display disappeared along with the
right axes tick marks. Parentheses all match according to emacs.

Thanks,

Rich