[R] Round down numeric values with decimals

Wed Sep 5 00:12:20 CEST 2018

Note also that if you wish to include 0 and negative numbers, and your
intent is to truncate to 1 digit towards 0, then you must of course check
for 0 separately and modify what I suggested for x != 0 to:

k <- floor(log10(abs(x)))
ifelse(x <0, ceiling(x*10^(-k)), floor(x*10^(-k))) *10^k

Note that this is all vectorized, so, e.g. ,

> x<- c(-101.8, 101.8)
> k <- floor(log10(abs(x)))
> ifelse(x <0, ceiling(x*10^(-k)), floor(x*10^(-k))) *10^k
[1] -100  100

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter