[R] Cannot use R on Windows when installed to an external drive with a space in the path

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 22 15:47:36 CEST 2018

Dear Marc,

this is probably because short file names are disabled on that external
drive. R needs short file names to be enabled on the drive where it is
installed - please check/follow according to Microsoft documentation on
turning on Short File Names (SFN, aka 8.3 names, 8dot3 names).

Best,
Tomas