[R] integral of the fuction for each value

Tobias Fellinger tobby @end|ng |rom htu@@t
Sun Oct 21 14:23:07 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what you want to calculate.

If you want to integrate by u in the interval from 0 to 4 for every value
of x I would suggest something like this:

x <- rnorm(10,0,1)
f <- function(u,x){
  exp((x-u))
}

sapply(x, function(i){
  integrate(f,lower=1,upper=4, x=i)$value
})

You can just pass additional arguments to f to integrate, integrate always
integrates by the first argument of the function passed as its first
argument, see the help entry of integrate for more details.

Best Regards, Tobias