[R] studio server on High SIerra

Sun Oct 21 06:20:15 CEST 2018

There may be certain advantages to installing R via homebrew, but I wouldn't know... I don't use Mac OS. I suspect your easiest route would be to install via the method recommended on CRAN [1], and if you need more help getting R working then there is the R-sig-mac mailing list [2] for OS specific questions.

RStudio requires that you install R first, but as Bert points out this is not the support area for RStudio. The appropriate topics for this mailing list are described in the Posting Guide [3]. Note for future reference that when you send your email formatted as HTML what we see is a garbled version of what you sent, so in the future look for the plain-text setting in your email program when sending email to this list.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
[3] See footer of this or any email from the list.