[R] Need to understand how to troubleshoot below error

Sun Oct 21 01:19:47 CEST 2018

When you specify a filename such as 'housedatacomplete.csv' which has no directory path information, the file is assumed to be in the "current directory" which you can identify using the status notation at the top of the RStudio console window or using the R getwd() function. Note that we may guess something about what may be wrong if you provide that information in your request here, but it is more likely that you will need to use the operating system to investigate permissions which are really off-topic here. Your best bet will be to find a local computer tech or sysadmin to help you solve your mystery, since there can be many special configurations we on the mailing list won't know about.

One note: since you are using RStudio, be sure to create a Project directory/file and do your work with a project open. That way most problems with permissions and working in the wrong directory should usually be avoided. If you cannot create a project then you definitely need local help.