[R] Project in emacs + ess

Naresh Gurbuxani n@re@h_gurbux@ni @ending from hotm@il@com
Fri Oct 19 06:11:54 CEST 2018

I have switched from RStudio to emacs.  In emacs, how can I create a project like in RStudio?

Within the project directory, I would like to create different directories for code, data, results, figures, documents, etc.  In RStudio project, relative references work well.  For example, an Sweave document in document directory can use command source('code/mycode.R').  In emacs, this does not work "out of the box".  In document folder, the command needs to be source('../code/mycode.R').  This is minor effort, but a better method must exist.

Thanks,

Naresh