[R] [R ]Exporting rgl.snapshot and rgl.postscript

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Nov 27 15:06:50 CET 2018

On 27/11/2018 7:53 AM, Thanh Tran wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I'm trying to plot a surface over the x-y plane. In my data, the response
> is KIC, and 4 factors are AC, AV, T, and Temp. I want to have response
> surface of KIC with two factors, i.e., AC and AV. A typical second-degree
> response modeling is as follows:
>

>> data<-read.csv("2.csv", header =T)
>
>> mod <- lm(KIC~AC+I(AC^2)+AV+I(AV^2)+T+I(T^2)+Temp+I(Temp^2)+AC:AV+AC:T+AC:Temp+AV:T+AV:Temp+T:Temp,
>
> + data = data)
>
>> library(rgl)
>
>> KIC <- function(AC, AV, Temp, T) predict(mod, newdata = data.frame(AC, AV, Temp, T))
>
>> persp3d(KIC, xlim = c(4, 5),  # The range of values for AC
>
> + ylim = c(4, 7),  # The range for AV
>
> + xlab = "AC", ylab = "AV", zlab = "KIC",
>
> + col = "lightblue",
>
> + otherargs = list(Temp = 15, T = 40))
>
>> rgl.snapshot("1.png", fmt = "png", top = TRUE )
>
>> rgl.postscript("1.pdf","pdf")
>

> The problem is that the figure created by *rgl.snapshot* (attached Figure
> 1) has low quality, while the figure created by *rgl.postscript* (attached
> Figure 2) doesn’t have adequate details.

You can improve the rgl.snapshot output by starting from a large window.
  You can do this either by using the mouse to enlarge the window, or
specifying values for windowRect in par3d() or open3d(), e.g.

open3d(windowRect=c(0,0, 1800, 1800))

Whether very large values will be respected depends on the system.  For
example, my Macbook Air reduces that request so the whole window is visible,

 > par3d("windowRect")
[1]    0   45 1440  901

You can set the default to be a large window using

r3dDefaults <- getr3dDefaults()
r3dDefaults$windowRect <- c(0,0, 1800, 1800)

(This will only be respected by the *3d functions like open3d(), not the
low-level rgl.* functions like rgl.open().)

The rgl.postscript() display is limited by what the GL2PS library can
do, so if it doesn't do what you want, there's not much you can do to
improve it.

Duncan Murdoch