[R] which() function help page precision

Juan Gomez ju@ngomezdu@@o @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Nov 17 12:06:42 CET 2018

Hi again (, I am the PO from my own email account)
I agree that the word  "basically" puts the NA issues aside. But my
point is that  R subsetting  behavior when there are  NAs in a logical
index is quite tricky to say the less, and deserves the trouble of
pointing it out in every place it is appropiate. As  "which()" is the
function I use to overcome this issue, I thought it would be good to
emphasize that  it solves this situation in a different way that the
subsetting operation does.
I am aware that it is clearly stated  above in the help page though.
But I still would change the expression rather than "hiding" this distinction.
And the "diplomatic refinement seems even better to me.