[R] Line with linearly changing thickness – installation issues

David Winsemius dwin@emiu@ @ending from comc@@t@net
Sun Nov 11 18:22:58 CET 2018

I would have imagined that drawing a polygon would be the way most
people would have attempted.

Regarding Murrell's package:

I thought the package name was "vwline". My attempt to install was
unsuccessful>

 > devtools::install_github("pmur002/vwline")
Error in utils::download.file(url, path, method = download_method(),
quiet = quiet,  :
   cannot open URL
'https://api.github.com/repos/pmur002/vwline/contents/DESCRIPTION?ref=master'
 > install.packages("~/vwline-0.2-1.tar.gz", repo=NULL)
Installing package into ‘/home/david/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5.1’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in untar2(tarfile, files, list, exdir, restore_times) :
   skipping pax global extended headers
ERROR: cannot extract package from ‘/home/david/vwline-0.2-1.tar.gz’
Warning in install.packages :
   installation of package ‘/home/david/vwline-0.2-1.tar.gz’ had
non-zero exit status

Furthermore, I do get the same error from attempting to install
pkg:twine from github.

-- David

Doing this from an Rstudio console running R 3.5.1 in Ubuntu 18.04