[R] R command prompt newline treatment

Tue Nov 6 03:47:00 CET 2018

Well, you may or may not have ruled out the Putty settings (your hand waving is a bit hard for me to interpret), and there may still be host side terminal settings involved, or if you compiled R yourself you may have setup something wrong. However, in either case the R-sig-fedora mailing list would be more appropriate than R-help for discussing configure options under Red Hat-derived distributions.