[R] selecting the COLUMNS in a dataframe function of the numerical values in a ROW

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Fri Nov 2 02:08:20 CET 2018

This would be a bit simpler if 'gene' were the rownames of the data.frame.
The '-4' is to remove the gene column from the calculations.

> x[ x[,"gene"]=="gene2",]
  TTT TTA ATA  gene
2   1   1   0 gene2
> colnames(x)[-4][ 1 == x[ x[,"gene"]=="gene2",-4] ]
[1] "TTT" "TTA"
> colnames(x)[-4][ 1 == x[ x[,"gene"]=="gene3",-4] ]
[1] "TTA"
  TTT TTA ATA  gene
1   0   0   1 gene1
2   1   1   0 gene2