[R] OT: R version 1.0.1 is still a success.

Thu Nov 1 09:05:06 CET 2018

    > Hello, This has nothing to do with R-help and I apologize
    > in advance but this is really, really strange.

    > A SO user is still using R 1.0.1:

    > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53096176/how-do-i-change-the-str-of-my-diff-time-from-atomic-to-num#comment93089103_53096176

    > Imagine if R wasn't for free...

I actually do still have a running version of R 1.0.1 on my
computers,
but Rui you are almost surely wrong the OP said  1.0.153  and
hence falls in the ever increasing group of people who believe
that Rstudio owns and produces R ...

I'm happy about the existence of Rstudio and all the good it
brought to the R community -- notably Rmarkdown and tons of
related tools.
But as one of the "parents" of R, I'm really really saddened to
notice that even relatively smart people (such as our students)
think and talk about using Rstudio when they use R via
Rstudio...

Martin