[R] Excel Add-Ins Not Loaded When Using excel.link & RDCOM
jdnewm|| @end|ng |rom dcn@d@v|@@c@@u@
Tue May 29 17:33:15 CEST 2018
RDCOM supports calling R from Excel. AFAIK you need to use the non-free Statconn software  to get much done going the other way.
FWIW I have found my life to be much simpler only using packages that access the data in Excel rather than trying to control the software remotely. More OS-portable, too. In fact, if you can obtain your data without having it ever munged by Excel you may save yourself considerable headache with its "helpful" misinterpretations of data. E.g. 
On May 29, 2018 6:52:37 AM PDT, Ayhan Yuksel <ayhan.yuksel using alphatecht.com> wrote:
>I am using excel.link package to open and modify Excel files.
>When I manually open Excel, all my add-ins are loaded without a
>But when I open Excel using excel.link package, like:
>some Excel add-ins are (installed but) not loaded.
>Since the problem is related to local add-ins at my side, I cannot
>reproduce the problem here.
>I am aware of how to solve this problem using VBA, but looking for a
>solution within R, may be using RDCOM
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>R-help using r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
>PLEASE do read the posting guide
>and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.
More information about the R-help