[R] Help About R-Package Portability

BEDIRHAN CALDIR bc@ldir @ending from ku@edu@tr
Thu May 31 15:02:35 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm having an issue with R package configurations which I thought the
community would help me. I have two softwares written in R, DECoN and
panelcn.mops, and need to run both of them isolated. The problem is that I
couldn't install them onto neither the OS with the sudo permissions nor the
home folder of a specific user with the right permissions. What I need is
making them as portable as possible by installing R-related packages
separately once and for all, so that I can run any of them even from a USB
drive where no further R installation would be required. I'll run both of
them from Python as a subprocess.

I'd appreciate any suggession to overcome this issue. Thank you in advance.

--
Bedirhan Çaldır

M.Sc. Computer Engineering
Boğaziçi University

B.S. Molecular Biology and Genetics & B.S. Computer Engineering
Alumni
Koç University