[R] Difficulty in writing R code for one pool dynamic model

David Winsemius dwin@emiu@ @ending from comc@@t@net
Tue May 29 02:26:47 CEST 2018

> On May 28, 2018, at 5:02 PM, Kebebe Ergano via R-help <r-help using r-project.org> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was trying to mode the following exercise using R.
>
> The question: Set up a one pool model using numericintegration. The model will run from time 1 to time 30 using a time step of 1.The pool (A) will be fed by flux "inA" at a rate of 5 units per hour anddrained by flux "outA" at a rate of 20% per hour. At time 0, A has 5units. At time 30, what is the pool size of A (rounded to 1 decimal)? In theanswer sheet provide the value of pool could be (23.8, 24.8, 25.0 or 24.7). Thevalue I got does not correspond to any of the choices given above.  I don't know where I got it wrong.

Homework is not on-topic for r-help. Nevertheless you might try using a small time increment if you are being asked to do numeric integration. You also might look up the many worked examples of compound interest.

David.