[R] TukeyHSD for multiple response

Sergio Ferreira Cardoso @ergio@ferreir@-c@rdo@o @ending from umontpellier@fr
Fri May 25 15:11:39 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I'm testing the effect of species and sex in my sample by using the principal component scores of a PCA analysis.
I have 30 PCs and I tried to see if there is any significant difference from males to females, given that there is a significant effect of phylogeny (factor with several species).
I didi it like this:

Y<-PCA$pc.scores[,1:30]
fit <- manova(Y ~ sp*sex)
summary(fit, test="Wilks")

I get a barely significant p-value for the effect of sex and I'd like to know for which of the species there is a difference between males and females.
I tried TukeyHSD(fit) but I get the following error:

Error in model.tables.aov(x, "means") :
'model.tables' is not implemented for multiple responses

So this has to do with the fact that I have a multivariate independent variable. Is there an alternative function to this?

Thanks in advance,
Sérgio.

--
Institut des Sciences de l'Evolution