[R] How to average values from grid cells with coordinates

Jim Lemon drjimlemon @ending from gm@il@com
Sat May 19 12:35:48 CEST 2018

Hi lily,
You could also create "blackcells" as a dataframe (which is itself a
type of list). I used a list as I thought it would be a more general
solution if there were different numbers of values for different grid
cells. The use of 1 for the comparison was due to the grid increments
being 1. If you had larger or smaller grid increments, you would use
the grid increment size for the comparison. That guarantees that only
the four nearest "black" cells will be identified as within the "red"
cell.

Jim