[R] is there any method to defer the execution of code in r?

David Winsemius dwin@emiu@ @ending from comc@@t@net
Sun May 13 19:14:05 CEST 2018

> On May 13, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 13/05/2018 12:41 PM, Berry, Charles wrote:
>>> On May 13, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not when I click on that link.
>>>

>> Nor me, but what I get is actually
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1174799/how-to-make-execution-pause-sleep-wait-for-x-seconds-in-r
>> note the number is *different* than 50314015 - the OPs posting
>> Seems like a bug - perhaps in SO's server?
>
> I suspect it is due to Rui having higher "reputation" on SO, so he can see a question there that has been closed by a moderator (because someone judged it to be a duplicate of the older question that you see).

Not a bug. "A feature". I also saw the recently posted question probably because of my "rep" and see that it was closed by two other users, one of whom, Jaap, has the ability to close questions with a single vote although he is not a moderator. Lower rep users need a total of 5 votes to close.

>  Since he has more reputation points, he gets to moderate decisions like that, and can perhaps undo them.

If there were a reason to undo the closure, there is an option to "reopen", but there is no reason that I can see. The 2009 posting seems to have elicited a sensible reply from Dirk.

> Duncan Murdoch

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law