[R] is there any method to defer the execution of code in r?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil @ending from dcn@d@vi@@c@@u@
Sun May 13 15:07:44 CEST 2018

I am puzzled by the use of the term "cross-posted" here... I don't see the OP or their question or any similar words from the question involved the the given link, though that link seems worth bringing it to the OP's attention.

But the function given in the question seems to have other problems:

A) The download.file function call puts its result in a different place than the read.csv reads data from. Unless the OP is manually moving files around with the  file browser in the background I don't see how this would ever work.

B) The file paths refer to C:/Users/user ... it would be highly unusual for there to be such a directory on any machine, so I am wondering how close any of this code is to what the OP actually did.

C) Reading the help page for download.file, it appears to behave like most functions in R... it does not return until the operation is complete. That is, the premise of the question seems flawed, and a truly reproducible example would be needed to convince me to go down the delay rabbit hole. The OP has been around this list long enough to know where to go to find out how to make a reproducible example.