[R] Installing required packages with an R package

David Winsemius dwin@emiu@ @ending from comc@@t@net
Mon May 7 21:35:17 CEST 2018

> On May 7, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Polychronis Kostoulas <polychronis.kostoulas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it check
> whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
> machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them during
> its installation.

The right place to ask is the package-dev mailing list. It is possible to list dependencies and then users can specify dependencies=TRUE in their call to install.packages. I also know that there have been super-packages that do install multiple other packages. When you issue the command `library(tidyverse)` you get a boatload of packages loaded at once, so why not look at that example. It has R code in several modules.  The other mechanism I've seen is to construct a github page that has the needed code.

> Thanks,
> Polychronis
>
> Polychronis Kostoulas
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Rhelp is also a plain text mailing list.