[R] unable to move temporary installation of package

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Mar 26 23:22:10 CEST 2018

A) Don't try to "move" packages from one library (=directory of installed packages) to another.

B) Although R Open is very close to CRAN R, it has some differences that you REALLY NEED TO READ about at their website. Pay particular attention to the checkpoint feature in this case. Note that troubles installing it or with the MKL are probably off-topic here, though R language questions should still be fair game.

C) Having Administrator rights carries at least as much responsibility to know what you are doing BEFORE you do it as it bestows flexibility to get things done. If you used "Run As Administrator" to install R or any packages then you have probably set the permissions on your personal library inappropriately. If so, you need to use your superpowers judiciously to eliminate your personal library completely and then run R as a normal user to install/update R packages.