[R] Limit in Directory Hierarchy?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Mar 26 03:32:36 CEST 2018

This is the wrong place to ask what RStudio can or cannot do. However, if your question is about R you should try invoking your reproducible example in RGui or the command line R.exe before posting here.

R has no directory depth limit. There is an operating system limit on returning paths more than 260 characters long, and this seems to create problems sometimes (Google it). You might also look at operating system permissions for the "0318.data" directory.