[R] How do I include a factor in a groupedData object? Meaning and use of inner and outer parameters

Sorkin, John jsorkin at som.umaryland.edu
Thu Mar 22 16:08:11 CET 2018

Michael,

I apprecate your response. The inner and outer parameters to do not affect the results produced by lme. I am still left with the same questions I had before;

(1) How does one include factors in groupData

(2) What is the meaning and use of the outer and inner parameters in groupData?

Thank you again,

John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524