[R] Possible Improvement to sapply

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Tue Mar 13 17:14:26 CET 2018

Could your code use vapply instead of sapply?  vapply forces you to declare
the type and dimensions
of FUN's output and stops if any call to FUN does not match the
declaration.  It can use much less
memory and time than sapply because it fills in the output array as it goes
instead of calling lapply()
and seeing how it could be simplified.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software