[R] Interpret List Label as Date from Quantmod getOptionChain

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 5 03:57:46 CET 2018

On 5 March 2018 at 02:46, Sparks, John wrote:
| I agree that they look like dates, I don't know how to determine if they are actually dates.

You know options but you are confused about maturity dates, i.e. expiry?

In information in that list (ie along the date dimension) is the expiry; at
each date you have another list for both puts and calls, and inside each of
those a grid given by the active strikes (ie where bids/asks/trades happen).

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org