[R] Correctly executing system code using R in Ubuntu server

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Mon Jun 25 23:15:51 CEST 2018

Each call to system() starts and finishes a new shell so your approach will
not work.
Does the following do what you need?

> system('Xvfb :10 -ac &')
> Sys.setenv(DISPLAY=":10")
> x11()
Warning message:
In x11() : cairo-based types may only work correctly on TrueColor visuals

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com