[R] compiling functions....

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 21 15:29:45 CEST 2018

There are many things you can do to improve speed in R. Byte compiling
is just one of them.

This chapter in Hadley Wickham's excellent Advanced R book covers both
profiling and byte compiling.

http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Profiling.html

I've gotten some stunning improvements in speed through profiling and
careful thought: 3 days to 3 seconds, even.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org